• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prisoner visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dillonk

i live in georgia. i am a gay male in a relationship of 6 years. my partner is in state prison. i went to visit him for the first time on Monday and was told that I was not on the approved list for visitation. Their policy is immediate family members only. is there anyway I can fight this. is there any organization I can turn too? thanks for your help.

D

dillonk

thanks for the info. i'll check them out. thanks for taking the time to respond. nice of you.

S

smileyhapy

Call the chaplin at the prison and tell them you are a cousin and tell your partner to put his name on the list as a family member. Chaplins have lots of power in the prison system.

D

dillonk

Thanks smiley. He had put me on his list as a half brother but evidently they read his presentence investigation where I am identified as his partner. I think that now they know me and that unfortunately won't be an option for me. I have emailed glaad and am awaiting a response. Thanks for all of the advice. I really do appreciate y'all responding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">