• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Bono

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HPPYTIGER

state? MICHIGAN.
CHARGED WITH OPEN MURDER. FAMILY DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR GOOD ATTORNEY. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP.?

acmb05

state? MICHIGAN.
CHARGED WITH OPEN MURDER. FAMILY DOESN'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR GOOD ATTORNEY. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE HELP.?
I can give you a lift to the nearest prison, of course with gas prices today you may not be able to afford that either.

outonbail

state? MICHIGAN.
This is a murder case, the suspect needs an attorney. So if he has no money, the family will have to either find him an attorney or accept the fact that they will probably never see him again, without steel bars standing between them.

Being falsely charged with a murder your not guilty of, is a situation in which there is no "We can't afford an attorney" option. He can't afford to go through this legal nightmare without one.

If he is in fact guilty, then he shouldn't allow his family to waste their time and money trying to provide an attorney for him.

HPPYTIGER

Not Funny

WELL I'M HAPPY THAT YOU FOUND SOME HUMOR IN THIS. THIS IS SOMEONES LIFE I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE.
I AM NOT ASKING FOR A CUP OF SUGAR. I AM ASKING FOR HELP IN SAVING AN INNOCENT PERSONS LIFE.
THE FAMILY WILL SHELL OUT WHAT THEY CAN, BUT CANNOT AFFORD LEGS,ARMS,TORSO'S,ETC.... WHICH IS WHAT MOST ATTORNEY'S ARE ASKING FOR.
THERE IS NO HOME EQUITY,ESTATE,JEWELS,ETC.... IN THE FAMILY, BUT BECAUSE THERE IS NOT, DOES THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE NO JUSTICE EITHER?
THE STATE OF MICHIGAN USUALLY CONVICTS ANYONE CONVICTED OF A CRIMINAL ACT GUILTY OR NOT. IN RARE CASES ARE THEY FOUND NOT GUILTY.(CHECK OUT THEIR STATISTICS) THIS IS ANOTHER REASON THE FAMILY NEEDS SOMEONE TO HELP THEM.
THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT STILL BELIEVES IN "JUSTICE FOR ALL." SOMEONE THAT ISN'T TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY "CORRUPT"(CORRECT),PRAGMATIC,ETC......IF YOU ARE OUT THERE WE NEED YOU**************.PLEASE RESPOND!:confused:

Last edited:

FlyingRon

First, stop typing in all CAPS. It's impolite and in itself distances you form those who might help.

And despite the levity, there are precious few actual lawyers here and those who are you don't want working on this case. If you don't like the PD you're going to have to start calling around the area he is charged in and call the local bar associations and legal aids to help.

This is way ore than we can do in this forum.

In the mean time tone down our attitude. You are not entitled to anything more than we as volunteers care to provide.

justalayman

THE STATE OF MICHIGAN USUALLY CONVICTS ANYONE CONVICTED OF A CRIMINAL ACT GUILTY OR NOT.
well, first let me make fun of what you wrote. Please explain what the hell that means.

then, take notice: the courts do not convict anybody, period. The juries convict them and that jury is gathered from a list of folks that have not figured out how not to be called for jury duty. Either they are very concerned that our laws are upheld rightously or they are not real smart. Hope for the ones looking to demand the rightous courts. The others are undependable.

additionally, just because an attorney is a PD, it does not mean s/he is not a good attorney.

since you said there is such a great conviction rate, why don;t you post that bit of info.

Dear

Ok here is a piece of advice from me.I am not a lawyer but still I feel like letting you know this.Most courts in the USA,allow the accused of being tried either by the "bench" or by the "jury".If you want a case which will be strictly driven by evidence(ideally) then go for the Bench Trial.In my opinion Judges are quote unquote unbiased,which is not the reality in many cases though.

Again a lawyer is the one who can decide what type of trial to seek.

Some big populated countries like India for example ,do not have "jury trials" any more.All criminal trials are bench trials.

Jury is composed of random commoners and in some cases distinguished individuals and so there is a particular type of risk associated with it.Jury trials in my opinion is a big "drama". In United kingdom for example most trials are Bench trials except for some nominal criminal areas.

So think accordingly and choose a lawyer.If you think a jury will not believe you then go for the Bench trial that way if the judge finds you guilty you can still ask for a jury trial through an appeal process I believe.

Good luck my friend,If you do not regret what you did or did not then do not worry even if man's law convict you ,God will be on your side.Men can accuse and convict each other of what soever but the ultimate judge is him himself.The most merciful the most generous the most affectionate.You pray him or you do not but he loves you and he believes you.

Fight the battle.

outonbail

God will be on your side.Men can accuse and convict each other of what soever but the ultimate judge is him himself.The most merciful the most generous the most affectionate.You pray him or you do not but he loves you and he believes you
The only hurdle here, is getting God to appear and testify on his behalf. Now if he were to show up and sit in the witness stand and let the jurers know that the family member is innocent, I'm sure the family member would be found not guilty of all charges.

You can try having the courts issue a subpoena, but from what I understand, he is a very busy God and usually tied up dealing with a countless number of dead sinners.
What's unfortunate in this case, is the fact that this family member's murder case is being held in the state of Michigan, so it's probably going to be some time before God can meet with him an make everything right again.

Now if he had committed murder in Texas, he could have moved his meeting with God up considerably.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
WELL I'M HAPPY THAT YOU FOUND SOME HUMOR IN THIS. THIS IS SOMEONES LIFE I AM TALKING ABOUT HERE.
I AM NOT ASKING FOR A CUP OF SUGAR. I AM ASKING FOR HELP IN SAVING AN INNOCENT PERSONS LIFE.
THE FAMILY WILL SHELL OUT WHAT THEY CAN, BUT CANNOT AFFORD LEGS,ARMS,TORSO'S,ETC.... WHICH IS WHAT MOST ATTORNEY'S ARE ASKING FOR.
THERE IS NO HOME EQUITY,ESTATE,JEWELS,ETC.... IN THE FAMILY, BUT BECAUSE THERE IS NOT, DOES THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE NO JUSTICE EITHER?
THE STATE OF MICHIGAN USUALLY CONVICTS ANYONE CONVICTED OF A CRIMINAL ACT GUILTY OR NOT. IN RARE CASES ARE THEY FOUND NOT GUILTY.(CHECK OUT THEIR STATISTICS) THIS IS ANOTHER REASON THE FAMILY NEEDS SOMEONE TO HELP THEM.
THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT STILL BELIEVES IN "JUSTICE FOR ALL." SOMEONE THAT ISN'T TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY "CORRUPT"(CORRECT),PRAGMATIC,ETC......IF YOU ARE OUT THERE WE NEED YOU**************.PLEASE RESPOND!:confused:

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. So use that option. And the State of Michigan does not convict anyone -- though if they are convicted then they have been convicted. But not everyone charged with a crime is convicted. And it could be that the State of MIchigan is extremely careful in having enough evidence to convict before they indict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">