• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On probation / 3rd Degree Assault.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liquidboy

I'm currently on 2 years probation for "loading a paintball gun" in my friends car. He was shooting at other cars so we both got the same punishment. I am now being charged for 3rd degree assault. What happened was a guy kept saiyng he wanted to fight me and a couple of other guys. Well, he met those other guys I had not intent to fight him, but to rather just make sure that he didn't get hurt. Well, it happened that somebody else hit him a couple of times. He was standing fell on my car and put a dent in it. Normally I wouldn't have cared, but this was my brand new car. I stood their for a while and eventually I also found out that he had been saying other stuff and also had brought a gun with him in his car.

My question is... probably should get a lawyer right? What am I looking at for punishment... up to 6 months? I live in Colorado. And what possible defense with those?

P

precious joy

Yeah Dear, you need a lawyer. Don't get a court appointed one though. Some of them just don't seem to care or work as hard. A similar situation occurred with a loved one, and he's got a 7 year sentence thanks to the court appointed attorney. He wasn't even fighting at all he was just driving around with them so called friends. But this is Texas!!! Good luck

T

Tracey

Don't say anything to anyone about this. Get an attorney quickly.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">