• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation revocation hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kristinam

Hello all,

I'm on probation for a first time DUI in the state of Nebraska. I've missed too many meetings and now I'm having a hearing to have my probation revoked. Is this something that I will have to do jail time for? If I will get jail time, can it be more than the 7 days that were suspended when I received probation? thanks for you help,

Kristina

D

dodat

how long are you on probation for???????? 1 year, 2 years???????????? what ever the amount of time your probation is for, that is the amount of time you can be facing at your hearing.......Believe me.....It is serious......Hope this helps..........dodat

K

kristinam

I was given a year probation. The year will be over in March. So are you saying that I can face a year in jail, or the remaining time of my probation? Either way is serious though. Does anyone know if this is strictly upheld for first time offenders? Also, does the type of probation violation (missing meetings were my only ones) affect the sentence at all?

D

dodat

you can be facing up until March......And they don't care about 1st offenders....That is why they put you on probation...that was the chance they gave you.....My son is sitting in jail right now for probation violation and he didn't even go for his revocation hearing yet...they are holding him in jail. They don't care....I wish you luck. They only advice I can give you is to call your probation officier and ask if you can make up the visits you missed....maybe twice a month instead of once a month or whatever you was scheduled to do.....If you have a probation officier like my son has, they will not allow you to do this...although some of them are nice people. Give it a try. Good luck to you.

B

bellestar

My fiance is in jail right now for 7 months to a year for a probation violation. He only owed them 7 months but they look at violation of probation worse then the crime itself. He was due to come home in October but they denied him so now he has to sit there until April. Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">