• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Transfer (State to State)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajwz24

Can my fiance's probation officer prevent her from transfering from TX to Kentucky, after we are married?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ajwz24:

Can my fiance's probation officer prevent her from transfering from TX to Kentucky, after we are married?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

The probation can keep her from transfering. The idea is that one State's problem should not become the problem of another. Lack of freedom is a real bummer. That's the point.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

ron1953

Might be nice if you were familiar with the Interstate Compact

Seenyore Member:

It's bad enough that you give flippant answers to people in need. The least you can do is be familiar with what you're talking about. The ICAOS was created expressly for people like the one you gave the crappy response to. Under the rules of the Compact, a state IS required to take over supervision for a qualified offender. See for yourself:

http://www.adultcompact.org/about/history/historical/ICAOSRulesEffect01012005.pdf

CdwJava

No state is "required" to accept the problems of another state. Read it carefully ... it provides guidelines and encouragements, but does not mandate that a state WILL accept a transfer.

In fact:

RULE 3.103 Acceptance of the offender by receiving state; exception

(a) A sending state shall not allow an offender under supervision in the sending state to relocate to a receiving state without the receiving state’s acceptance of the transfer of supervision.

Granted, signers of the compact are expected to abide by the transfer procedures, but there are ample grounds to deny someone who may be marginal.

Additionally, the state receiving the transfer may accept the transfer if the following conditions are met by the probationer:

The probationer ...

(1) is in substantial compliance with the terms of supervision in the sending state; and
(2) is a resident of the receiving state; or
(3) (A) has resident family in the receiving state who have indicated a willingness and ability to assist as specified in the plan of supervision; and
(B) can obtain employment in the receiving state or has a visible means of
support.

It is NOT an automatic procedure.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">