• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

louellalou

My domestic partner was arrested on 10/3/00 for violation. He had been arrested end of July (still being disputed), and we had also moved. He had not notified his parole officer of this. He suffers from depression, which means he cannot always make the telephone calls he knows he should make. I simply assumed it would be OK for him to tell the info to his parole officer when he saw her next. I feel responsible because I should've made the call to the parole officer, but I did not realize the consequences. When I took him for his parole appt., she simply had him arrested, and he's been in jail since. He was supposed to have a hearing on 10/24, but that got adjourned by his appointed attorney for 11/8. He has yet to meet his attorney, who is awaiting all proper paperwork. My question is this: the head of probation wants to give him 90 days (from day of sentencing, not counting time served, which is ridiculous). What are the chances that he can be reinstated or have time served? By the time the hearing comes along, he will already have been there 5 weeks. Isn't that enough? Just because Parole wants 90 days, does it normally work out that way? Do "they" always win? I am very concerned considering his mental state and that fact that nobody seems to care. I have made many, many phonecalls on his behalf, and I hit brick walls every step of the way. He needs to be out as soon as possible. Thank you.

B

bellestar

you really need to just sit back and wait. calling is only going to make things worse. parole violation is very serious and he will probley have to do all the time. they feel like if he cannot report and complete probation he will not complete t.s. i know. my man just went back to prison for probation violation in April. at the court they gave him 7 months to a year for a sentence. he went ahead and put t.s. in the begining of October because his T.S. eligability date would have been October 6th. he put his papers in, in September it usually takes 2-4 weeks for an answer. now it was getting to be on the 6th week so i called his counclor and asked if anything had came back. counclor said no. then called my man to his office and told my man because i called to inquire on this situation he would have to wait till the end of the month for an answer which put him back a month, so that is why you shouldnt bother. they dont like it when you bother them. well to get to the point they denied him because he violated. they feel he is not worthy. now what pisses me off is that he never had a violent crime and the reason why he was in, in the first place was petty. I live in Connecticut. and when i was waiting for an answer i was concplating on the fact the prisons are over crowded and every thing but they still denied him. so just sit tight and be patient. let him get this off his back so then maybe he wont be so depressed. just support him and let him know you are there. good luck....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">