• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmd6382

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently failed a drug screen On Oct 27 during my routine visit with probation dept for my assault / family violence conviction.
I have never had any criminal or civil case in courts before this time and feel like my probation officer has taken a personal interest in my discomfort.
She wishes to violate my probation, (passed last test Dec 3) and send me to rehab, which requires an extension to my probation.
Over Feb 4, 2003.
I feel as though she at 28 and in charge of a wife-beater is making me a ward of the state.
I can't quit my job to go to rehab and expect to maintain my financial obligations to state and my family. I have approx $150 left to complete all my fines, and fees. I have completed community service and batterer's Intervention.
What can I do?? Should I get legal help and fight back??
I feel like I am being herded into a life of probation and for no reason other than a female po in charge of wife beater.

This is my only arrest in 38 years and I feel that my attempt to get "IT" over with quickly by pleading guilty was big mistake.

Beth3

I'm struggling to understand how your violating probation by using illegal drugs is your parole officer's fault. You would be accountable for testing positive while on parole even if your PO was a 52 year old guy named Joe. Your PO probably has no choice but to report a violation of this type to the court.

stephenk

you should have bitch-slapped the PO and put her in her place. Damn women always getting you in trouble!

First your wife for making you beat her and then this young female PO who couldnt understand your right to get high, loaded, stoned, whatever, and now wants to snitch on you and extend your probation. Maybe you should go gay.

J

jmd6382

I considered the gay option as I read the valued assesment you rendered and said, " why is this guy recruiting for his website when I need some legal advice?"

Bottom line is do I opt for jail or rehab when both will render me financially useless to my wife and two kids.

Can a lawyer help me if (I pay him)... went ahead and let you know i have some means to pay.

If I want forgiveness I'll try www.jesus.com or www.jehova.com.

And if your condition persist see a physician. Rectivisualitis is contagious and sometimes fatal.

TYRIS

jmd6382 said:
I considered the gay option as I read the valued assesment you rendered and said, " why is this guy recruiting for his website when I need some legal advice?"

Bottom line is do I opt for jail or rehab when both will render me financially useless to my wife and two kids.

Can a lawyer help me if (I pay him)... went ahead and let you know i have some means to pay.

- you can hire an attorney if you want, but i doubt if it will do any good. the fact remains that you violated your terms of probation and you will have to deal with the consequences.

Tyris

J

jmd6382

Beth3 said:
I'm struggling to understand how your violating probation by using illegal drugs is your parole officer's fault. You would be accountable for testing positive while on parole even if your PO was a 52 year old guy named Joe. Your PO probably has no choice but to report a violation of this type to the court.
I didn't imply that the PO torched a doobie and forced me at gunpoint.

I asked for my options if any as a way to prevent more problems for wife and kids. I know that not all violations are enforced as strictly as my PO seems to be leaning.

If you have a suggestion that will save my family from financial hardship, I am open to it. I don't expect your understanding just the logical or legal information that may make my situation better and want make you feel like you betrayed mankind for aiding a violent (once in 17 year marriage) woman beater.
I am not asking for understanding and hope that whoever wronged you in the past and made it necessary for you to release your frustrations on any and all males that you encounter, should suffer accordingly. But I know it's not me...

H

hmmbrdzz

You violated probation. Your PO probably doesn't have "personal" interest in your case. She is protecting her professional interest by doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing. You are the one who got popped on a drug screen for having consumed an illegal substance; you are the one who violated the terms of probation; you are the one who the probation terms was intended; an attorney won't help you; you're going to be going to rehab or jail. Did you think the probation meant your had some special privilege to consume when you aren't supposed to? If you want to save your family from financial hardship, then follow the terms of your probation. If you don't want to be paying for the rest of your life for having been a wife beater at one time, then get off probation and put it behind you. That is the only way. How much more logical can it get? Pay the price now for your mistake and then start living like you're supposed to. THen you won't have to come to these boards!!

hmmbrdzz

jmd6382 said:
I didn't imply that the PO torched a doobie and forced me at gunpoint.

I asked for my options if any as a way to prevent more problems for wife and kids. I know that not all violations are enforced as strictly as my PO seems to be leaning.

If you have a suggestion that will save my family from financial hardship, I am open to it. I don't expect your understanding just the logical or legal information that may make my situation better and want make you feel like you betrayed mankind for aiding a violent (once in 17 year marriage) woman beater.
I am not asking for understanding and hope that whoever wronged you in the past and made it necessary for you to release your frustrations on any and all males that you encounter, should suffer accordingly. But I know it's not me...

Beth3

"I am not asking for understanding and hope that whoever wronged you in the past and made it necessary for you to release your frustrations on any and all males that you encounter, should suffer accordingly. But I know it's not me..."

You sure read a whole lot into my post. Good to see your hostility towards the female gender is now under control. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">