• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gregalli

I was convicted of repeated DUI offense in Michigan in 1992. I completed my jail time, but did not fulfill the probation requirements, mostly due to the officer's inability to be available when she said whe would. Therefore, I live in Chicago now, and have received a letter from the probation officer, stating there is a bench warrant. After about 10 messages, I finally wrote her a letter, and in her response she stated that I need to come to Michigan to "turn myself in" on my bench warrant. Then the judge would set up a probation violation hearing. My questions are, when and if I turn myself in will I go to jail for however long it takes for the hearing to be set? Should I retain a lawyer? She obviously knows where I live in Chicago, will someone ever come looking for me here? Should I take care of this or let it go on for 8 more years?

T

Tracey

Hire a lawyer in Michigan BEFORE you enter the state. See what s/he can work out.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">