• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violations and Prison Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilcell21

My fiance was on interstate compact from Arizona into Nevada. He was arrested in Nevada and is now in prison in Nevada. His probation was revoked in Arizona and is now in a warrant stage. He is currently sentenced in Nevada for 4-8 years. He only had 1 year left to serve for probation in Arizona. I was wondering if there was any way to go to court and to fight to have the warrant removed and allow the time he is serving in Nevada to be enough for the probation violation. He, along with his family, does not want him to be extradited after his 4-8 years in Nevada to have to serve another 2-5 for probation violation in Arizona.

What can we do to help him? Is there a way that I would be able to court and represent him or do we need to hire an attorney? We spoke to his probation officer and he stated that legally, he had to issue a warrant due to probation violation.

FlyingRon

You have to get him a lawyer. You can not act for him.
What makes you think that probation violation or revoked probation isn't going to be without consequence? Just because you commit another crime doesn't mean you're excused from punishment for earlier ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">