• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with 16 yr old making false accusations on me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JudyK77581

pearland, texas........i have a 16 yr old stepdaughter that is no longer living with us and she is stating false accusations on me (she started before she got moved to her grandmothers, we thought grandma would help instead, it is getting worse). she is saying that i have beaten her, pulled her hair, locked her in her closet, and then i heard that she stated that i sexually abused her. what can i do to put a stop to this child? the school won't help, and i can't afford an attorney. can i press charges on her and if so then how do i go about getting this done. she is also harassing my 15 yr old son, what can be done legally. :( :confused: please help me, i am at wits end.

JudyK77581

My family is going through the same thing. We are in turmoil; it's amazing how people think that a teenager will not lie about something like this. They will believe her story before they will believe you. You are guilty until proven innocent. In our situation, it's a 15 year old girl and she went as far as telling them that he raped her a month prior to her calling the police. There is no way of proving otherwise that you didn't do this. And the sad thing is, this is the 4th time she has accused a male in her life of doing these kinds of crimes. We are still fighting the allegations, and have started an investigation on the detective who handled the case. I totally sympathize with what you are going through. Wish you luck

J

JudyK77581

stephenk

Her father is on my side with the situation. He wants to find some way to stop her and put her in her place. Her mother passed away when she was a little more than a year old. Her father and I are trying to protect my son from allegations from her. We don't call or pick her up for any type of visitation. I am trying to find some legal way to stop her. She and her boyfriend are staying after school to harass my son on Tuesday and Thursday while he is at JROTC practice. :mad:

Last edited:

kat1963

You can't afford not to have a top bull dog of a criminal lawyer attorney right now. Use the power of Visa, refinance, start selling items, beg or borrow the money. This matter could turn serious at any time. Teens never lie you know! Refresh your memory on the Salem Witch Trials. This is the modern day version. You want to stay out of jail don’t you?
Do you have other children in the home? If so, I bet you even if the DA declines to press charges, CPS (or whatever Social Services are called in your area) will be knocking on your door. You need to learn what your rights are because there is a good chance you will need to play hardball with this organization:
Here is some serious reading:
www.cpswatch.com (parents guide to the system)
http://www.abuse-excuse.com/
http://www.menweb.org/throop/falsereport/child.html
Been there, played this game. My step daughter has accused at least 3 men of molesting her & several woman of physical abuse. She is mentally ill & enjoys the attention. She also pulls this when she finds herself in serious trouble. Like getting thrown out of school, pregnant or like in the case of the false accusations against her father & I, she was heading to a military style boot camp. The last man she accused of molesting her was put in jail. He almost lost his family, his house & he did lose his job. It never made it to court. Bio pulled up and ran a few weeks before it was to happen. No charges were ever filed against bio or the sd.
Best of luck!! And you do know you can never have ANY contact with this girl what so EVER, EVER again.
KAT

J

JudyK77581

kat1963

We don't have alot of money. What we have deals with my son. He has a hole in his heart and one kidney. I don't know what to do. We can't move because my son's father lives here and has visitation. It will deal with court to move far enough away to not deal with this child. I don't know what we are going to do. :(

Last edited:
P

pamela vandi

balance

This "thread" contains a few stories of teenaged liars. For balance, I will provide an example of the opposite, from the internet.

A man was going thru divorce proceedings. His wife made allegations against him, that he sexually assaulted her daughter from a previous relationship. The wife made up the allegations to get money in the divorce. When the teenaged daughter returned from school, the wife tried to get the girl to go along with the lies. THE GIRL REFUSED.

Moral of the story: Choose your spouse carefully. And be careful who you hatch!

J

JudyK77581

pamela vandi

It sure is good to hear that there is still some good kids out there. I've got a son that is wonderful and sometimes too honest for his own good. I thank God every day for my son.

kat1963

Thanks Pamela. You are right. I seem to forget the fact that the younger stepson refused to go along with the allegations. He even told us after the fact that they had been planning it (so convicted felon, bio could get custody) for weeks. Well, at least for 2 years. Bio worked on him to the extreme…total P.A.S. He said he wanted to go live with her so there wasn’t really much of a battle. Mr. KAT nor I could go thru that again. Now both teens are drop outs. I’m not sure what the 3 of them do all day in the trailer. None of them work or go to school. I guess they race each other to mail box for that check every 2 weeks ( over $1,000) as form of exercise.
Judy, you’re 15 year old. It could be him next. Yes, I will admit to being an alarmist, but this could potentially destroy his entire life. I don’t want to scare you but my son was about that age when it all first began. I thank god he was still finishing his private education in another state when this stuff started to fly. He only saw the girl a few times. If she would have accused him I probably would have killed her. No kidding. If you wish, click on my profile to e-mail me. I’m not a lawyer but I do have my own experiences & that of many others that I have spoken with in order to offer you advice & a shoulder.

Regards;

KAT

E

elle_13

Sir - I feel for you, and will pray. Is there anyway your son could change schools, out of your county? I am not sure about your location, but here it is possible, but you have to pay fee's. However, in your circumstance, they may be willing to work with you. At the very least this will get her off your sons back. Just an idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">