• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carguy22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN
So at the beginning of this year I bought part of a coin business during which I learned things about the person and when I tried to stop him and as I sought legal help, he left a voicemail saying he changed the store locks and his debt to a loan. He signed the legal agreement to pay back all my investment in front of a lawyer if I backed out and I don't count a voicemail as valid, just evidence.

I want nothing to do with him or the business, except to get everything I put in the store back, which should shut him down. It's been months, according to my lawyer things haven't gone well in seeking to seize, liquidate assets till I'm paid back and disolve his business so not only me but others can get paid back. During which he has disrupted my business nextdoor, held my mail for months,including bills, blocked my stores view with vehicles. my store was started while I was at the coin store, there is only a door between the two businesses. He double pad locked it as well and his friend who delivered my mail finally said he was afraid of me, oddly enough he normally had 1-3 firearms in his store.

I'm frustrated that nothing has been done to stop him, I can't open my store because I become so angry that I have to leave. It's cost me time and money. I wonder if I should seek damages from this. I'm ready to just let the law come crashing down on him.

While I was there I found him writing bad checks then stall the people to make it good, I talked to law enforcement they already knew about him , also he got consignment items sold them then used the money, collected it back and then informed the people it sold, I attempted stop that part. He also delt in scrap gold and silver didn't report it, didn't hold it for the thirty days before selling it, then he almost never collected taxes, told people that he "got the tax" but just took the profit and made something up to turn in and said he had a record book that nobody should see, I never saw it. I also found that he owed other people thousands of dollars because they walked in looking for him.

I just want his debt and my property back before there is nothing left. Anything I can do to stop him ?
Who else can I go to ?
What else can I do ?
Should I seek damages ?
What about compensation for wages over the time I was there ?
If I have reciepts of items I bought can I say stolen property and get it back with a officers help ? He has ignored me for months, owes a great debt and has done things that should put him in jail yet he is free.
I tried explaining to law enforcement and DA that if he hasn't got rid of anything there might still be evidence against him in the store. I heard him telling an angry customer that he was under investigation by the IRS already, I doubt they know some of the things he's done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">