• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpw70

Illinois/Will County
I live next door to a grandmother that cares for her 3 grandsons.
The boys father is in jail and the mother is a crack attack who prostitues herself. I do not have a problem with this but I have a problem with the way they behave. There have been several complaints againist this family by the whole neighborhood. Several people have moved because of this family. Since we have moved into our house the boys have assualted my dogs,sexually assualted their 3 yr old cousin, and they have recently burned down there shed and caused damage on other neighbors property. The boys have about fifteen friends that hang out infront of there house every summer and verbally assualt us,they have cased out my husband's work trailer and harrassed us. When we call the police and advise them that we want to file a complaint , they state that the boys saying nasty things to us and trying to intemidate us is not againist the law. We have went to just about every form of the government to get help in this matter but, because the police department has not let us file a complaint they are unable to help us.This family has also called the police on my husband for illegal dumping ( which he was not )but, because they gave a complete description of my husband's truck and his liscense plate he was issued a ticket and the police
officer advised him not to fight it because they had too much evidence againist him. I want to know why the police are not as helpful when we call them as they advised us to do when the neighbors act up . Do we have any legal recourse againist the police department and our neighbors , because I am tired of not wanting to come home do to the harrasement by my neighbors.

G

guarino

I know how it is to have such disturbing neighbors. I'm not a cop or a lawyer or anything, but I may be able to help. Is it the same cops that come out everytime? Where I live, what they are doing is illegal and something may be going on if it is the same cops. It doesn't sound like they are following legit proceedure.

T

totallybroke

not sure if this will help....

You might try this link http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/state_statutes.html#civil_code and see if you can find anything here that will help you.

Hope it helps.

G

gpw70

Thank you for your help. I will look into the police procedures and the cornell law web site . I hope we are able to solve this problem soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">