• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

process server falsely accused peeping tom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lowrylss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california alamed county

My brothers and I own a small buisness process serving company. My brother ran into some problems. He was trying to serve a woman some papers. He discretely looked over the backyard fence to look if someone was there since he heard a noise. It was a dog. She called the cops on him and the cops came. He told them he was a process server and trying serve this woman. He finds out she is citizen arresting him for peeping tom. Her and her husband had different stories, but she was saying he saw her taking a shower and was in the backyard peeping tom. He went to court on the 20th this month and pleaded not guilty. He has another hearing coming up, and I want to help him. What should we do?

CdwJava

If he can show he was there to serve papers he might be okay. At this point about all you can do is help him hire an attorney.

Her accusation alone is sufficient to cite him, but the DA will almost certainly need more than her statement to convict.

lowrylss

Well the police officer said the people having this complaint with my brother, are normal callers for complaints. He said they call alot and complain about alot of people, and not all true. Police officer said he would be very surprise if the DA would even consider looking at this case.
We are going to get an attorney, it just horrible going through this. They are also sueing this police officer. Kinda strange how people can cause problems.

If there is a dog in the backyard then I don;t think anyone would dare going into the backyard.

Thank you for your help.

davew128

How is it that as process servers you're actually worried about this if there's nothing to it? You deal all day long with weird people trying to AVOID YOU and you panic when a weird person does something weird?

lowrylss

its just wierd going through this. I'm not worried just want to know what to do to help him. He just dont want anything on his record of any kind. Plus he only been a process server for 6 months so he is stressing out. And I do deal with strange people all the time.
But thought maybe someone could get me ahead of the game.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">