• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage by Auto Dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmahnken

I brought my new vehicle to a car dealer to get a repair done. The body shop manger claimed that the molding that was coming off was a result of a factory problem. This would make this a warrenty repair. When we picked the car up the next day, their was a razor cut was found on the molding. The keys had already been turned over to us. When we were not prsent, the body shop manager tore off the molding. He claimed that he did this because he was afraid that it may fall off. His reason behind this was that the adheasive used was bad, though he was more than willing to ahve let us drive out of the shop without making that claim. The molding has not been replaced and the dealer has informed the manufacture that they will no longer assist us in the repair. I know I can bring them to small claims court to recoup the cost of the repair, but can I file any criminal or other charges against the dealership. Remember that we had been given possesion of the keys and tehy did not ask permision to remove the molding at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">