• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protection For Exploited Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MA
Found out our 18 yr old niece (who used to live with us) has been teling men that she has recently been in contact with in relationships that she is mother to a 4 year old son and is very explicit in her desctription of the child and has even provided (emailed or mailed) photos of our son to these men claiming that he is in fact hers.
The older woman she lives with found a letter written by my niece to a boyfriend of hers refrencing my son as her child. We have recently spoken with him regarding the situation. Needless to say, he is dumbfounded to hear thst she lied and mislead her . She has also claimed to be pregnant with his child which is besides the point.
Although we think she msot likely is harmless and truly loves my son wholeheartedly we have some fears for his safety. We find ourselves within the past day or so checking and double checking locks on the doors.
I think I would like to let her know in some way that doing something of this nature is serious and those that exploit children are destined to face serious consequences. Is there any law that would be suitable to protect my child and or ourselves against possible harm?

EXSCUSE me? Is this a serious response to my post? Of course she is not the mother of my child. I suppose that is the scariest part of it all, she has woven a web of lies so tightly that she has ( we have suddenly discovered) a number of people believing that she in fact is the mother of a 4 yr old - my son! She is using his name and actual photos of him.
There is a very long story behind her background but to sum it up in a nut shell she moved in with us at age 15 1/2 after living away from her birth family for over 5 years. We raised her, along with our two children who are very much younger, until she was just shy of her 18th birthday. As with so many other families of a teenager we had some problems with her in those few years. Certainly being a product of he system has effected her and it is quite concerning to say the least. However, at this point I once again will state that it is my son who I am concerned about and wish to protect first and foremost.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">