• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Providing cigarettes to a minor and Pharmacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcmoguy

What is the name of your state? Missouri.

Will a conviction of "providing cigarettes to a minor" will effect an application to the Missouri Board of pharmacy to be a pharmacy technican? :( The event would be almost 4 years ago and the conviction would be over a year ago. Fine is paid and community service completed.

S

seniorjudge

kcmoguy said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri.

Will a conviction of "providing cigarettes to a minor" will effect an application to the Missouri Board of pharmacy to be a pharmacy technican? :( The event would be almost 4 years ago and the conviction would be over a year ago. Fine is paid and community service completed.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:2zhZRIydoy4J:www.umkc.edu/pharmacy/New/pharm/StuSer/PharmDReq/images/SupplementalApp.pdf+missouri+board+pharmacy+conviction&hl=en&lr=lang_en
Contact the board of pharmacy and ask them.

Missouri Division of Professional Registration
3605 Missouri Boulevard
P.O. Box 1335
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1335
573.751.0293 Telephone
800.735.2966 TTY
800.735.2466 Voice Relay
[email protected]
http://pr.mo.gov/

Generally, the crime has to be one involving "moral turpitude"; I have never been sure what that meant since every crime seems to involve moral turpitude. BUT selling tobacco to a minor does not seem to be a crime involving moral turpitude. Be sure to tell them about it.

kcmoguy

Arrest or conviction?

State: Missouri

Thank you for your response... I have a follow up question. Would the board of pharmacy consider what I was arrested for or what I was convicted of? The charge I was arrested for could be considered moral turpitude (a level 3 felony in Kansas). However, the DA offered me a plead that was a low level misdamenor and I took it. That plead agreement was "providing cigarettes to a minor."

Furthermore, in two years my conviction will be expunged. Will I have to report my coniviction on applications (job and board) that ask if I've been convicted of a crime?

Thank you, kcmoguy

S

seniorjudge

kcmoguy said:
State: Missouri

Thank you for your response... I have a follow up question. Would the board of pharmacy consider what I was arrested for or what I was convicted of? The charge I was arrested for could be considered moral turpitude (a level 3 felony in Kansas). However, the DA offered me a plead that was a low level misdamenor and I took it. That plead agreement was "providing cigarettes to a minor."

Furthermore, in two years my conviction will be expunged. Will I have to report my coniviction on applications (job and board) that ask if I've been convicted of a crime?

Thank you, kcmoguy
You need to ask the pharmacy board these questions.

Expungement/pardon

Standard answer: Expungement is generally granted for illegal arrests or unlawful convictions. Generally, pardons mean you are forgiven for the crime but it remains on your record.

Check with the governor or attorney general of your state to see how you can go about either of these procedures. Check with the Attorney General or the President for federal expungement or pardon.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=848776#post848776

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">