• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Drunkeness Court Date Tommorow! HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

axlrose

What is the name of your state? PA
I am fighting two public drunkeness charges tommrow in court. It says i was drunk to a degree i was an endanger to myself or someone else on the citation. this is simply not true. i hadnt had a drink in about 3 hours from the time of the incident, but there was still alcohol on my breath. i was not given any alcohol or breathalyzer tests. I was not drunk whatsoever. I am wondering how to fight a case like this. The cops arrested me as i was standing in a park minding my own business. I had just gotten into a fight with my girlfriend and we just broke up, so i decided to walk home. As i try to leave about 5 cops come towards me speed walking so instead of taking off and running i turn around and stand there and wait for them. Then they arrest me. I was pretty upset at the time and was crying due to the earlier fight with the girlfriend. This may have led them to believe that i was drunk, but in fact i am just a sensitive guy and it has nothing to do with the alcohol. i am wondering how i can fight this whole thing in court and what are the key things that make you guilty for public drunkeness.

i dont believe it is a crime to have a glass of wine or two and then 2 hours later get in an argument with your girlfriend. if this is a crime it should not be public drunkeness but disorderly conduct. but i was doing nothing disorderly. someone please help me the court date is early tommorow morning and it is for two public drunkeness charges each dealing with the same circumstances. just an A-hole cop that has it out for me. someone give me some advice to prove my innocence in this justice system.
thanks a lot

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">