• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Drunkiness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrreb

What is the name of your state? PA

I got stopped in March of 2005 for public drunkiness.. and was told that I would receive the citation in the mail within 10 days. I didn't receive the citation in the mail since then.. it's now august. is there anything that I could to not have to pay the fine? reason being, I got pulled over on a motorcycle(because my friend was goofing around on the bike and the people who called the cops just described the bike, and got me instead of my friend(so I am fighting that)) and the magistrate set a court date for my public drunkiness violation when I went to plead for the driving violation(because they didn't look at the citation number)

I would also like to note that i feel public drunkiness is a dumb violation... you can't sleep at the bar because they kick you out at closing time.. you can't drive from the bar because then you will get in trouble for DUI... and you can't walk from the bar because then you are drunk in public? I don't understand the logic in that... but I guess that's here nor there in this case... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">