• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Public Indecency?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bennyboy1988

Oregon

So I went to a local Walmart to buy myself a new razor; I'm a well groomed male and like to keep my lower area in ship shape, so I was going to see a girl today and wanted to be well cut.

So I bought my razor and went out to my car that was way in the back of the Walmart Parking lot near not other cars, I leaned my seat back a bit, pulled my shorts and undergarment down, and proceeded to so some cleaning.

I would of done this at home, but it was a 20min drive away and didn't want to drive all the way back. I was just about done when all of a sudden a tall Dodge truck pulls up along side of me, no joke it was about 2 ft away from the right side of my car, there was plenty of open spaces around me, but for some reason the driver parked right up next to me; ofcourse I was startled, and expected knowone to park that far out away from the entrance right next to my car, I pull my shorts up and start drinking my coke like nothing happen. Out gets an older lady, probably about 60, she walks to the back of my car and looks like she starts to write my licencess number down, then she walks into the store.

Now my car has really high doors, tinted windows, and it would of been really hard to see my exposed parts unless you where standing right next to my car looking in; my question is, can this be concidered Public Indecency? Because I have never been in trouble with the law before, and I'm actually a little scared.

I really hope I'm overeacting, because this whole thing is quite emberassing, and caught me off guard.

Thanks

Ben

justalayman

can this be concidered Public Indecency?
If the woman saw something, yep, sure can. You were visible from a public vantage point and I presume you were exposed.

the other thing you fail to realize; your actions are pretty typical of thieves. While the buddy is inside stealing, you position your car for a quick getaway when they run out the back door.

Antigone*

Oregon

So I went to a local Walmart to buy myself a new razor; I'm a well groomed male and like to keep my lower area in ship shape, so I was going to see a girl today and wanted to be well cut.

So I bought my razor and went out to my car that was way in the back of the Walmart Parking lot near not other cars, I leaned my seat back a bit, pulled my shorts and undergarment down, and proceeded to so some cleaning.

I would of done this at home, but it was a 20min drive away and didn't want to drive all the way back. I was just about done when all of a sudden a tall Dodge truck pulls up along side of me, no joke it was about 2 ft away from the right side of my car, there was plenty of open spaces around me, but for some reason the driver parked right up next to me; ofcourse I was startled, and expected knowone to park that far out away from the entrance right next to my car, I pull my shorts up and start drinking my coke like nothing happen. Out gets an older lady, probably about 60, she walks to the back of my car and looks like she starts to write my licencess number down, then she walks into the store.

Now my car has really high doors, tinted windows, and it would of been really hard to see my exposed parts unless you where standing right next to my car looking in; my question is, can this be concidered Public Indecency? Because I have never been in trouble with the law before, and I'm actually a little scared.

I really hope I'm overeacting, because this whole thing is quite emberassing, and caught me off guard.

Thanks

Ben
argh... So did the police get called?

At walmart?

I'm pretty sure this stuff is encouraged.

Your license plate number is not you. IF the cops call/stop by I wouldnt talk to the cops without an attorney - that policy will keep you from talking yourself into criminal charges.. since all they likely have on you right now is a 60 y/o lady with a license plate number, likely unable to identify most of your person, and a wild fantasy.

tranquility

Have you seen how many cameras they have covering the parking lot at Walmart?

I bet there is a tape of the OP "shaving" in the bowels of the upcoming employee picnic gag reel. While I don't think the police will really follow up on it unless someone is really upset, with a license plate number, they'd find him.

Bennyboy1988

I bet there is a tape of the OP "shaving" in the bowels of the upcoming employee picnic gag reel. While I don't think the police will really follow up on it unless someone is really upset, with a license plate number, they'd find him.
LOL...... ya there are plenty of cameras in the parking lot, glad to say I am 100% sure none of them could of seen me :p

You Are Guilty

Best as I can discern from the original post, I don't think it was his "bowels" that he was shaving...

justalayman

LOL...... ya there are plenty of cameras in the parking lot, glad to say I am 100% sure none of them could of seen me :p
apparently you have never seen the security room of a walmart. The last one I was in was a medium sized store. The security room was probably 400 square feet with racks about 9 feet tall filled with DVR's.

they have cameras in places you would never suspect and definitely never see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">