• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased some material

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taskforce

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

This has to do with Direct TV! I purchased some items a couple of years ago that are used to get free TV! Direct TV shut the place down and seized all the shipping records. They have been sending letters out by the thousands and when you get the letter either you pay what there fine is and sign a agreement or they threaten to sue you in US Civil Court over the items you purchased! They also fine you for the amount of time they shut the Website down and the time when you recieved the letter! And if you agree to try to settle and give them anything you got and sign what every they want but can't afford the full amount of the fine they still threaten to take you to court and sue you! I admit I tried using the stuff but nothing ever worked out and it sat in my basement and collected dust! I have never recieved a letter but was wondering if it would be stupid just to call and try to make agreement with them and send and sign whatever I can! Because I don't want to go thru the court process with this and I do not like sitting around worring about it all the time! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME LEAGL ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION because it is destroying my life!

Sincerely,
ME

HomeGuru

taskforce said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

This has to do with Direct TV! I purchased some items a couple of years ago that are used to get free TV! Direct TV shut the place down and seized all the shipping records. They have been sending letters out by the thousands and when you get the letter either you pay what there fine is and sign a agreement or they threaten to sue you in US Civil Court over the items you purchased! They also fine you for the amount of time they shut the Website down and the time when you recieved the letter! And if you agree to try to settle and give them anything you got and sign what every they want but can't afford the full amount of the fine they still threaten to take you to court and sue you! I admit I tried using the stuff but nothing ever worked out and it sat in my basement and collected dust! I have never recieved a letter but was wondering if it would be stupid just to call and try to make agreement with them and send and sign whatever I can! Because I don't want to go thru the court process with this and I do not like sitting around worring about it all the time! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME LEAGL ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION because it is destroying my life!

Sincerely,
ME

**A: yes by all means, contact them by sending a cashier's check for $1000 to show good faith.

AmosMoses

What company did you order this stuff from, and when did you do it? DO NOT call and ask for trouble that you don't yet have and may never get anyway!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">