• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchasing Alcohol for a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justa82

What is the name of your state? VA

My 21 year-old friend was in a parked car (the keys were with the owner) with two 20 year-olds and an opened case of beer. The Two minors were charged with underage possession and since he was the only 21 year- old, he was charged with purchasing the alcohol for them. He did not purchase the beer; I know because I was with the girl who bought it when she bought it. He told the officer several times that he did not buy the beer, but after being badgered and told by the officer that sice he was the only 21 year-old that he must of bought it, he capitulated and said that he did. He hired a public defender and told his story and the defender still said that he could do time or be heavily fined. If I testify that I was with the girl who bought the beer would that help his case? Would she be charged? What if she went to court and said that she bought it but honestly lost track of it, and that the minors acted on their own accord, could she be charged then? How can I get these charges against my friend dropped without exposing my other freind to new charges? Thank you for any help you can give.

HomeGuru

justa82 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

My 21 year-old friend was in a parked car (the keys were with the owner) with two 20 year-olds and an opened case of beer. The Two minors were charged with underage possession and since he was the only 21 year- old, he was charged with purchasing the alcohol for them. He did not purchase the beer; I know because I was with the girl who bought it when she bought it. He told the officer several times that he did not buy the beer, but after being badgered and told by the officer that sice he was the only 21 year-old that he must of bought it, he capitulated and said that he did. He hired a public defender and told his story and the defender still said that he could do time or be heavily fined. If I testify that I was with the girl who bought the beer would that help his case? Would she be charged? What if she went to court and said that she bought it but honestly lost track of it, and that the minors acted on their own accord, could she be charged then? How can I get these charges against my friend dropped without exposing my other freind to new charges? Thank you for any help you can give.
**A: have your parents hire legal counsel for each of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">