• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purposly spreading STDS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SuperDj

What is the name of your state? Georgia

If you date someone and recieve an STD from them such as Herpes or Genital Warts and you later find out they had been previously treated for the disease and did not inform you, can you press charges against them? I know with HIV or Aids they can be charged with some serious crimes but can they also face criminal charges for non life threatening STDs.

S

seniorjudge

SuperDj said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

If you date someone and recieve an STD from them such as Herpes or Genital Warts and you later find out they had been previously treated for the disease and did not inform you, can you press charges against them? I know with HIV or Aids they can be charged with some serious crimes but can they also face criminal charges for non life threatening STDs.
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=11th&navby=case&no=958888opa
http://www.thebody.com/lambda/criminal_law.html#Georgia

I don't know that what you describe is criminal, but you may have civil remedies. See a personal injury lawyer.

SuperDj

Herpes and Warts can be transmitted even if you use a condom as they do not require fluid exchange but only skin to skin contact and they can be spread with contact to outer areas of the genitals. Condoms reduce risk of herpes and warts transmission by about 40% at best.

needhelpnow916

Don't listen to those asses you can still get STD's even if you use condoms. ignorant people reallly need to take a health class. It would be hard to prove that she didn't tell you but I suppose you could make a case

ENASNI

um

do not call seniorjudge an ass... if he has something to contribute there is something there... get it!

sorry I guess you were talking to the others... :(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">