• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pushed into plea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MELINDA34

What is the name of your state? Texas
my son was arrested in june of this year for aggravated robbery at 7:30 am there was a mask and a knife found near crime site he was supposed to have robbed a beauty shop i took him to work that morning all he had was a lunch box nothing else he ran from the police the day this happened he has a court appointed lawyer they released him after a week no DA was assigned to the case his lawyer told him if a DA gets assigned to this case they can pick him back up no finger prints found of his ,nothing that was stolen found in his presence the boy had nothing ,he gave them suspension cause he ran from them he said he heard a scream and the police charged at him they handcuffed him and brought the women around to see if that was him after all this a police report was made his appointed lawyer told him to plea for probation they have cercomstational and he cant get out of it he held out for a jury trial he didnt do it so they have postponed his trial 4 times and now back him up until april he is to the point to plea just to get out .i ask what they had to hold him his lawyer told me the lady that was robbed can ifdenty his clothes and a man seen him run .his lawyer wants him to plea to get it over he wont do it cause he didnt do it the lawyer told me there is no way out if he goes for a trial it could go both ways this 19yr old is facing a felony conviction any ideas out there about what we can do?? i wrote to rick perry i feel we are been pushed into a plea instead of proven guilt it was already done at the time of arrest

A

aahlee

what time did you take him to work? and did he punch a time closk or what proof does he have of the time he started work?

and how far away was the crime comitted?

a beauty shop open at 7:30 am, I never heard of that one before.....not even in new York City.

M

MELINDA34

i took him to work at 5am and he had called my job and my cell phone and my husband cell at 7am a machine at work broke and they sent them all home he told the cops where he was working they took him there but it still didnt make a differnce to them he was in the area of the crime and i never seen this beauty shop open at 7am either

A

aahlee

anyway to take pictures of this beauty shop at 730 am for the next week or two to prove its never open at 730 am?

maybe they are dealing drugs out of the beauty shop?

H

hmmbrdzz

You're son ran from the law. He was guilty of something, and being guilty of "being scared and running" won't get him out of this charge. There was a crime committed, and there is a witness. The investigation has been conducted, and your son has been charged. Your son has an attorney who is advising him to take a plea for lesser penelty. He would be wise to follow that attorney's advice. Lesson learned? If you aren't guilty, don't run from the law.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">