• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pyschodelic Mushroom Laws in CA and US

• Thread starter Jen has trouble
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jen has trouble

My roomate insists on growing shrooms in his closet and I think it's a bad idea. He says CA laws are slack, but he really doesn't know. I think he should be aware of the laws and consequences before he gets himself or me into trouble. Can anyone help?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Yes and you can get into trouble as a possible accessory. You can't use the excuse "it was his shrooms" when it comes to possession of drugs.

It is illegal, just like growing marijuana plants or having the ingredianta to make meth.

Get it? Do you really want to take the chance to see if the laws are really slack?

My suggestion to you: move out and get better roommates.

J

Jen has trouble

Thanks for the advice, Lawrat, but tell me something I don't know. You're in CA and you couldn't tell me the specific law. I looked it up myself (it took a while to find what I was looking for) in the CA Health and Saftey Code Section 11390. I showed it to my roomate and he wasn't deterred. The maxium sentence is one year. I also took the liberty of checking the code for search and seizure guidelines and discovered that I can get in trouble if I cannot prove that I was not aware of his doings. I think I'm going to have to put in my thirty day notice.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jen has trouble:
Thanks for the advice, Lawrat, but tell me something I don't know. You're in CA and you couldn't tell me the specific law. I looked it up myself (it took a while to find what I was looking for) in the CA Health and Saftey Code Section 11390. I showed it to my roomate and he wasn't deterred. The maxium sentence is one year. I also took the liberty of checking the code for search and seizure guidelines and discovered that I can get in trouble if I cannot prove that I was not aware of his doings. I think I'm going to have to put in my thirty day notice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lawrat could tell you a lot of things you don't know and could in fact tell you the applicable laws. Do you think that there is time to do this for you and all the other writers that need freeadvice? Lawrat has responded to close to 1500 posts and it is not our job to conduct free legal research for you and others.
Do you think that we get paid for helping others and taking time off from our busy schedules? We do not get paid, so be thankfull Lawrat even gave you a response.

jyoung

so this roommate is actually shoveling shi*
into your closets and you still are thinking
about living there? Sounds like a great life. Personally, I like my shrooms braised lightly in butter and white wine over a porterhouse.

L

lawrat

So tell me something:

you take the time to look for criminal violations of drugs when you could be looking for a safer environment.

I will never understand how some people prioritize

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">