• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Bad Check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Momoutofluck

Okay as said above i used to own a restaurant and it went downhill we both really tried my husband worked 112 hours a week and myself 72 with raising 3 children,Well here is the thing i the vendors would bring there things we ordered and i would always write them a chck well i bounced one checked by mistake and paid it and everything was good but then i bounced another and screwed up a line of checks like dominos i have most of them all paid exept there are 5 still to this same comapny i just made another payment of $100 dollare on 12-01 but have not been able to afford another payment since then and now they are saying if not paid by the end of month will take to court,I`m really trying to pay this back i just paid another for $200 dollara i had my checking account closed for this reason and now i`m screwed all for trying to start a better life!! I mean it`s not like i`m ignoring these bad checks i`m making every attempt to pay them but i can just see it now in court when they pull out the copy of all 5 or 6 nsf checks i will be going staright to jail right?I still owe $300 dollars to have them all paid :eek:(

JETX

I understand your desire to repay these checks, and from your post, I assume that the court issue is a civil matter. You also need to recognize that PA law allows the following penalty for bad checks:
"After demand and judgment triple damages in amount equal to $100 or 3 times the check amount whichever is greater up to $500."

H

Humble Warrior

I'm glad Halknet understood what you wrote. It made about as much sense to me as your posting about the gaming machines. You really need to sober up before you post anything,and please speak in English. That Pa Dutch bass-ackwards speech doesnt make sense in print. It barely makes sense in person!! I live in Pa(Harrisburg)

M

Momoutofluck

You know what GO TO HELL,I guess you never were nervous about anything before right you just come on these boards to give your smart ass opinions to everyone.Go back to watching Judge Judy Sunshine :p

JETX

Momoutofluck said:
You know what GO TO HELL,I guess you never were nervous about anything before right you just come on these boards to give your smart ass opinions to everyone.Go back to watching Judge Judy Sunshine :p
Am I to assume that outburst was 'aimed' at me since it wasn't directed to anyone in particular???

H

Humble Warrior

HALKET

I "think" that was aimed at me.....but it proves my point. Every word that she types is more comfusing than the last. I wouldnt mind giving her a little friendly advice,if only I could understand what she wrote. I speak English,Spanish,and German(poorly) and I didnt understand a word she wrote.
A lot of Pennsylvanians litteraly talk backwards,or leave the end off of a sentence thinking you can finish it in your head. I dont know why.....they just do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">