• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a dismissed felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catscoach

What is the name of your state? Ohio

If a felony charge was dismissed and restitution was made in a case more than 6 years ago can I answer "NO" to the dreaded question on a job application "Have you ever commited a felony or been convicted of a felony?

Some Random Guy

Have you ever commited a felony or been convicted of a felony?
The first part is up to your conscience
The second part is NO

For the other common questions of whether you have ever been arrested for or charged with a felony, those would be YES.

taro

If I'm arrested for murder and at trial my lawyer Ben Matlock tricks a witness into confessing to the murder. Why would I then answer yes to this question? I suppose if it goes to trial you would get a not guilty ruling. But if the real murderer is found before trial but after charges are filed you would get a dismissal wouldn't you?

In which case you would be penalized for life for something you didn't do.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If I'm arrested for murder and at trial my lawyer Ben Matlock tricks a witness into confessing to the murder. Why would I then answer yes to this question?
Because the question is not whether or not you did it, or whether or not you were convicted. The question is whether you were arrested. The truthful answer to that question is "yes." Nothing prevents you from adding a note that you were found not guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">