• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A question about Missouri statutory rape laws.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfm241

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I'm 19 years old, and I recently met a female whom I have been talking to quite a bit and have taken quite a liking too (the feeling is mutual on her part as well). I live in Iowa and she lives in Missouri, so we've planned this summer to kind of have a date on one of the weekends, one which will probably involve some form of physical intimacy, to put it appropriately. All fine and dandy, right? Well the problem is that she is fifteen years old. I'm worried that if there were any physical intimacy that I could go to trial and possibly be convicted of statutory rape (or another similar crime), which obviously I don't want!

Now, section 566.032 of the Missouri code I think it is, states that first degree statutory rape is having sex (and I imagine "deviate sex" and all that other stuff too) with someone younger than fourteen (which is not the case). And section 566.034 states that second degree statutory rape is having sex (and probably all that other "stuff") with someone who is younger than 17 while I am 21 or older, which is also not the case.

It seems to me that I have nothing to worry about, but what do you think?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">