• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a murder case (for a story I'm writing)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tashatash

What is the name of your state?Kansas

Ok, this is the first time I'm on this site and I need some advice. I'm writing a story and I'm not sure on the legal procedure of some things. The character in my story is being charged for 3 different murders. There has been no physical evidence at the crime scenes and the only evidence they do have is the testimony of a witness. But the witness is now dead, will they still be able to hold him in jail for the crimes without the witness? Even if they do have her statement on file, if she can't come to the trial???
I'm just wondering if they could still hold him or would he have to be let free on the account of not enough evidence???

If someone could help me, I'd sure be thankful!!!!
Thanks a bunch!

Tasha :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We don't do people's legal homework, and we don't assist authors. We deal with REAL legal problems from REAL people who need our assistance.

Thanks for dropping by.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">