• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about police lying!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nlb_123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

Me and my friends woke up one morning after a party and received a phone call from a lake park ranger telling us that he knew that we had stole something from the party. So we play it off like we didn't, and then he says if you bring it back we will not press charges. So we were like okay we did it and took the property back thinking it would keep my other friends that were camping there out of trouble. When we get there we have to fill out a statement and give them our information, so we did. Well it turns out that today I had a police officer come to my house and serve me my papers with 8 charges on them. So I am pretty upset that I could of got away with it and not be in any trouble but instead I decide to be the nice guy who returns it so no one gets in to trouble at all which backfired horribly. I just need to know if the ranger was in the right or wrong of lying to us about not getting any charges if we brought the property back which was some beer coolers from other camp sites.

CdwJava

No, the officer did nothing wrong ... YOU did.

Consult local counsel and try to work out the best plea arrangement you can.

- Carl

nlb_123

what kind of punishment will i most likely get. is it likely that i can get diversion for it or just probation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">