• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about possession of stolen goods...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

margaretmadogs

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I had a friend who claimed he lost a $25 collectible card of mine. I have some evidence that he traded my card to another person. I made him leave some collectible cards of his as collateral for the one he lost of mine. He left me four cards that are worth around $100 in total. At the time I believed these cards to be his.

Then another person informed me that the cards I had in my possession were his. Several reliable people vouched for him, however the person who left them to me claims that the cards belong to him even though nobody corroborated his story.

I am not sure what I should do in this situation. First, the evidence is slim that the cards belong to either of them. Second, I want to clean my hands of the situation without getting into legal trouble. I am not sure who I return the cards to, and I am not sure what kind of legal action each of them could take on me if I gave them to the other one.

Thanks for any advice you could give me.

S

seniorjudge

Sell the cards and donate 100% to your favorite charity; keep receipts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">