• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about prior conviction of MISDEMEANOR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hstudent

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Hi,
In 2002, I was arrested for massage without a license. I am not even sure if that was the exact wording. Anyways, I am currently a senior in college and now I want to apply for my masters degree. I filled out the application and it asked if I have ever been convicted of any crime. Of course I answered yes.

Now, I am worried that because of my previous ONE time arrest for a misdemeanor that I may not be able to get a job. I am studying speech and language pathology. Most of these graduates work in school settings. I realize my chances of landing a job will automatically be harmed; but am I going to be totally shut out? Will public schools hire people with a past criminal history? Maybe I am not asking the right question; because I know that it is their prerogative to choose whomever they want. But, the whole reason I went to college is to be able to support myself with a legal licenses. Any advice?
Thanks,
hstudent

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">