• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

question, my son was in a situation where a witness(in my son's behalf) gave her statement to police. the police told people to stick around but never came back for statements(several waited almost 2 hrs but got a few statement from the people with the other party) the assistant prosecutor hinged everything on what she had to say(there was other evidence but he decided not to call in 2 doctors nor did he use their reports, this was an assault). when she got on the stand she changed her story ( first statement was not taken under oath). the judge even comented to the jury that not everyone tells the truth on the stand, it was obvious he did not believe her. she said that was not what she ment to say and shed some tears and the jury believed her. turned out her boyfriend was one of the other party's involved. couldnt the prosecutor have her dismissed and asked for a new trial or was he just in over his head. can you lie on a police report withouit penelty? this assistant prosecutor was gone the next month. by the way the doctor and the dentist (he lost several teeth)said that they believed the the other party had a object in his had to do that much damage but the jury said that he hit my son in self defense as he was walking towards his friend who was on the ground bleeding after getting hit and kicked several times(my son never took a swing)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">