• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question, How to Acess Criminal Court Docs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Contango

What is the name of your state?California

Criminal media Articles often reference court documents as the basis of their story. Does electronic public access to criminal court filings and proceedings exist as in Superior Court civil cases? I am specifically interested in San Francisco. If not accessible via computer, are all criminal filings and proceedings public record and therefore available for public viewing at the courthouse?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Contango said:
What is the name of your state?California

Criminal media Articles often reference court documents as the basis of their story. Does electronic public access to criminal court filings and proceedings exist as in Superior Court civil cases? I am specifically interested in San Francisco. If not accessible via computer, are all criminal filings and proceedings public record and therefore available for public viewing at the courthouse?

My response:

Are you a writer? What are you writing?

IAAL

calatty

They are not online. If you have the case number, you can go to the clerk's office and ask for the file and review it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">