• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BozWalker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ny
I have a drunk neighbor who lately likes to come pounding on our door scaring my mother about a sleep apnea machine in our place that's keeping him up at night. The first time I told him we didn't have one, second time I told him not to play music after 11pm. Both have gotten worse and our co-op won't do anything even tho it's in bylaws about music. But my main concern is worrying about my mother since he's been scaring her by pounding on the door screaming at her. Mind you this man is drunk from morning until never sober. Any advice
please

Silverplum

I have a drunk neighbor who lately likes to come pounding on our door scaring my mother about a sleep apnea machine in our place that's keeping him up at night. The first time I told him we didn't have one, second time I told him not to play music after 11pm. Both have gotten worse and our co-op won't do anything even tho it's in bylaws about music. But my main concern is worrying about my mother since he's been scaring her by pounding on the door screaming at her. Mind you this man is drunk from morning until never sober. Any advice
please
Have you spoken (preferably in person) about this problem to your local police precinct?

LdiJ

please
There is no way that he could even hear a sleep apnea machine located in another unit. You can barely hear one if you are in the same room. I second whoever suggested to call 911 the next time he does it.

Indiana Filer

There is no way that he could even hear a sleep apnea machine located in another unit. You can barely hear one if you are in the same room. I second whoever suggested to call 911 the next time he does it.
I don't agree with the bolded. My ex had a CP, and I could not sleep in the same room without earplugs in due to the noise of the air.

LdiJ

I don't agree with the bolded. My ex had a CP, and I could not sleep in the same room without earplugs in due to the noise of the air.
I have one and I can barely hear it when its on. I am not talking about when I am using it, but sometimes one of my cats will walk over the top of it and accidentally turn it on, and I can barely hear it. I suspect that the older machines make more noise than the newer ones do though. Still, there is no way that someone in another apartment is going to hear even an older one.

Indiana Filer

I have one and I can barely hear it when its on. I am not talking about when I am using it, but sometimes one of my cats will walk over the top of it and accidentally turn it on, and I can barely hear it. I suspect that the older machines make more noise than the newer ones do though. Still, there is no way that someone in another apartment is going to hear even an older one.
I couldn't hear his CPAP from the family room, even though the two rooms shared a common wall, so I agree it wouldn't be heard from a neighboring apartment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">