• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question please avice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ehbd8

im in CT. So basicly lets just say i were to find an item in a store that is super marked down by mistake. If i were to buy it and say take it to to another location of the same store and return it and say i lost the receipt, therefor recieving store credit for the actual amount and not the marked down amount. Is this illegal?

Silverplum

im in CT. So basicly lets just say i were to find an item in a store that is super marked down by mistake. If i were to buy it and say take it to to another location of the same store and return it and say i lost the receipt, therefor recieving store credit for the actual amount and not the marked down amount. Is this illegal?
So basically the deal is, treat others like you want to be treated. You know it's wrong. You even know why it's wrong.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
So let's just say we don't answer hypothetical questions here. If you need legal advice then ask your question about your real-world situation. Otherwise take a guess yourself - you already seem to know the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">