• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about the RIAA and the downloading issue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri

In regards to all of this legal attacks with downloading music, files and movies online, I have a really good question. Since the RIAA and the other company( I forget the name) Can trace you by IP address and get your name and address from your internet provider.

How much power will they have in court?

I ask this because I was thinking. Whos to say if a child has been downloading music or pc games. But deleting the files and putting them on disk labeling them copies.

Would there be a chance or is this just a charge and instant jail type thing?

Son of Slam

What if a child makes long distance telephone calls or burns down your house?

There is a section of this forum called Internet Law, that is where this thread should be.

HomeGuru

lightingbird said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

In regards to all of this legal attacks with downloading music, files and movies online, I have a really good question. Since the RIAA and the other company( I forget the name) Can trace you by IP address and get your name and address from your internet provider.

How much power will they have in court?

I ask this because I was thinking. Whos to say if a child has been downloading music or pc games. But deleting the files and putting them on disk labeling them copies.

Would there be a chance or is this just a charge and instant jail type thing?
**A: they will have a lot of power because the Feds are supportive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">