• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

R&O a poloce officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scuddles2001

Michigan

I recieved this letter telling me to go to court for this and I have no idea what it is for does anyone know

A few months ago I had a officer come over and said I would not stop for him and I did not know what he was talking about or why he came to my house the vehicle he was talking I did not have at the time some else did so I need to know what to do I have a pre trial coming up ?

seniorjudge

Sounds like you didn't show up for court and it hurt the judge's feelings and they really want you to come now...so I would do that.

racer72

seniorjudge, I am impressed. You may have figured out what the OP was talking about. I don't think I have ever seen such a poor use of the English language in a long time.

Just Blue

racer72 said:
seniorjudge, I am impressed. You may have figured out what the OP was talking about. I don't think I have ever seen such a poor use of the English language in a long time.

racer...go to dui...look at poorernpoorer....that is the worst!! makes this poster look like a harvard grad!! :D

scuddles2001

R & O a police officer

Sorry about my english.
I was in a hurry when I posted that. My question is what would be the best thing to tell the Judge when I go to court ? I had nothing to do with this crime.

seniorjudge

scuddles2001 said:
Sorry about my english.
I was in a hurry when I posted that. My question is what would be the best thing to tell the Judge when I go to court ? I had nothing to do with this crime.
Tell the truth....

scuddles2001

Yes, and a officer stopped into my shop the other day to get some work done. I asked him about it and he called around from the shop, and said he would stop by my house that night, and never showed up. He said he was going to find out about it for me but never did so I wait.

mycarlb

Oh My God!!

Baystategirl, I just went and read that thread from poorernpoorer... I almost peed my pajamas!!!! I am crying so hard laughing, that has got to go into some kind of literary hall of fame!!

Thank you soooo much for pointing in that direction... awesome!!! ROFLMFAO

garrula lingua

OP: hard to tell the facts from your post, but it sounds like the cop traced a vehicle which refused to stop, to you (as the registered owner) ....

when the cop came to your house, why didn't you tell him who was driving the car ?

If you wanted to protect that person, you succeeded - you are now taking the blame/inconvenience.

Go to court; tell the truth - try to get your information to the prosecutor (including who was driving) that same day to stop this, if you are innocent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">