• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

racial profiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

celtsfan

i am a 20 year old black man from new hampshire I was in the passenger seat of my white friends car when we were pulled over in the middle of town. the officer came running at our vehicle gun out yelling freeze. he asked who i was i told him my name and he said he had the wrong person that i fit the description of someone with a gun. i felt wronged and discriminated and both me and my friend were very disturbed by having a gun pointed at us the officer did not even appologize is there anything i can do

G

Gemini21

I am a police officer in PA. That wasn't racial profiling. If you fit the description of the person they were looking for then they had the right to stop you.

R

RedneckRoy

I ain't no cop....and I agree with the cop above, that ain't no racial profiling. If ya fit the description from a distance, so be it. Cop was just doing his job and doing it safely.

calatty

Maybe it was racial profiling. Maybe you looked nothing like the suspect. Maybe there was no suspect and they were using that as an excuse to see if you were up to no good. Unfortunately, you don't have any viable remedy beside a costly lawsuit that you will probably lose.

N

nycitie

has it ever occured to you that black people do these things is such MASSIVE numbers that it affects all black people?

so the solution is for black people to STOP commiting crimes so that their crime rate is LESS then white people, and THEN you would have a great case of racial profiling.

Maybe this is YOUR wake up call to start teaching your brothers and sisters that the road to equality doesnt include commiting crimes.

Be a mentor, volunteer in schools, show what a proud Black American Man is suposed to be.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
C

curtisd

or maybe its because there are fewer black people to spot so instead of hair color, skin complection,or color of eyes to go on they go by color of skin, primarily, to stop them and figure out the rest of the discription later,so the answer would be to have black people dye their hair,tint their pupils,and either lighten or darken their skin to whatever the white population is to avoid future hassels

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">