• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

racist people

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DABAND

What is the name of your state? washington

There's this car mechanic who really is racist against japanese people.

If you ask him any parts the are made in japan, he makes very rude comments and harasses you out of his store.

One time my friend called him up and said he would like a muffler for his honda civic. The man then banged the phone on his desk and him my friend "up your mother's ****".

My question is, is this illegal?

D

DABAND

*correction*

One time my friend called him up and said he would like a muffler for his honda civic. The man then banged the phone on his desk and told my friend "up your mother's ****".

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It's not unlawful to be a racist in this country, or to use racist epithets. Just talk to the KKK about it. They wrap themselves in the First Amendment any chance they get.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Poster, As IAAL clearly stated (and correctly I might add) being a racist is not illegal in this country. As a Spic/Mick I abhor some of the actions I see every day, but then I have the same alternative as you or your friends.

I take my business elsewhere.

The trick is not to give your power away. And that means don't let it affect you. There is no legal issue here. Only a business issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">