• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Helpmesoonpls

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

This might take a minute to read so bear with me. A couple years ago, before I was my fiance, he lived at a house with a couple other people. He was supposed to pay about 350 a month for living there. Well, after living there for 2 weeks, he decided to move out. So, he payed 175 for half of a month. Well, the lady who owned the home was not happy with that so she went to his home and asked if he was there. He wasn't but his mom told her that she could come back later because she did not know what she wanted. Well, that lady told his mom "I am going to get your son in so much trouble. He will be sorry." Well, a while after that a girl came forward and said that my fiance raped her over a year ago. This girl also lived at that house before but not at the same time my fiance did. Well, my fiance was brought in and questioned and of course denied it since he said it never happened. He said that the girl liked him but he told her that she was too young. I do not know how old he was at the time but I do know he was at least 18 when it supposedly happened. He is 21 now. A month or so went by and another girl came in and accused him of rape. He was brought in again and questioned and denied this as well. He explained about the house that he used to live in and how he moved out because they were doing drugs and wanted no part of it. However, they have not done anything about that. Then, we were on our way to another city and a car had been following us for a long ways. When we got onto a divided highway, the car got next to us and someone in the car threw something at my fiance's car and shattered the back driver's side side window. Well, I got the license plate number and wrote it down. We went home. We reported it and he told the cops he knew who the driver was. It was the brother of one of the girls that was accusing him of rape. The one girl who is accusing him of this said that her friend was in the room and her brother walked in. But, both of these cases supposedly happened at least 2 years ago. Well, the other day detectives came to my fiance's house and said that there was a warrant out for his arrest and that he had to come with them. He went. The pastor at our church went and seen him the next day and he said that he was never read his rights. His bond was set at $50,000. Now he is being charged with a first degree felony rape charge and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor which is a fourth degree felony. Since there are is no DNA evidence and it supposedly happened at least 2 years ago, can he still be convicted and sentenced to prison. If so, how long? Is there anything that me or his family can do?
I appreciate your time as this post was very long. Thanks so much.

Shay-Pari'e

Helpmesoonpls said:

This might take a minute to read so bear with me. A couple years ago, before I was my fiance, he lived at a house with a couple other people. He was supposed to pay about 350 a month for living there. Well, after living there for 2 weeks, he decided to move out. So, he payed 175 for half of a month. Well, the lady who owned the home was not happy with that so she went to his home and asked if he was there. He wasn't but his mom told her that she could come back later because she did not know what she wanted. Well, that lady told his mom "I am going to get your son in so much trouble. He will be sorry." Well, a while after that a girl came forward and said that my fiance raped her over a year ago. This girl also lived at that house before but not at the same time my fiance did. Well, my fiance was brought in and questioned and of course denied it since he said it never happened. He said that the girl liked him but he told her that she was too young. I do not know how old he was at the time but I do know he was at least 18 when it supposedly happened. He is 21 now. A month or so went by and another girl came in and accused him of rape. He was brought in again and questioned and denied this as well. He explained about the house that he used to live in and how he moved out because they were doing drugs and wanted no part of it. However, they have not done anything about that. Then, we were on our way to another city and a car had been following us for a long ways. When we got onto a divided highway, the car got next to us and someone in the car threw something at my fiance's car and shattered the back driver's side side window. Well, I got the license plate number and wrote it down. We went home. We reported it and he told the cops he knew who the driver was. It was the brother of one of the girls that was accusing him of rape. The one girl who is accusing him of this said that her friend was in the room and her brother walked in. But, both of these cases supposedly happened at least 2 years ago. Well, the other day detectives came to my fiance's house and said that there was a warrant out for his arrest and that he had to come with them. He went. The pastor at our church went and seen him the next day and he said that he was never read his rights. His bond was set at $50,000. Now he is being charged with a first degree felony rape charge and unlawful sexual conduct with a minor which is a fourth degree felony. Since there are is no DNA evidence and it supposedly happened at least 2 years ago, can he still be convicted and sentenced to prison. If so, how long? Is there anything that me or his family can do?

You can run as fast as you can. You can't possibly be THIS stupid.

AHA

Helpmesoonpls said:

There is no way you can know the rapes DIDN'T happen, so all you and his family can do is get him a lawyer, wish him good luck, and focus on your own life and future.

Helpmesoonpls

I know I cannot know for sure whether they did not happen, but I was just wondering if he can still get convicted if there is no evidence.

AHA

Helpmesoonpls said:
I know I cannot know for sure whether they did not happen, but I was just wondering if he can still get convicted if there is no evidence.
DNA is not mandatory to convict rapist.

Helpmesoonpls

Well, is DNA is not mandatory to convict a rapist, how could they convict him of anything with just hearsay? I mean, if there is no evidence, there would be no reason to believe it is true. Can you explain this because I am still confused. sorry. Also, if he were to be convicted, what could be the punishment for a first degree felony and a fourth degree felony? Also, doesn't he have the right to a speedy trial? If so, for the state of Ohio, when must his trial be before?
Thanks.

stephenk

they must have some evidence. how do you know the rapes were not first reported 2 years ago? do the two girls know each other?

Helpmesoonpls

Well, they have no evidence. I know that these girls did not report it 2 years ago, because when my fiance was first questioned about all this, the detective told him that the girls had just come in about a week before he questioned him. Also, the girls say they do not know each other but what are the odds that two girls that do not "know each other" coming in to report a rape by the same man that happened around the same time? I mean, also, my fiance knows that the two girls knows each other because of the house he used to live in. Those girls were always hanging around there. That is when he turned them down, moved out, and they got mad. So, are you positive taht they have to have at least some kind of evidence?

stephenk

so his defense will be that both of the girls came on to him, he turned them down, and now they both decided to file rape charges against him?

he will have a large hill to climb to win with that defense.

Helpmesoonpls

Well, I dont know if he is using that as his defense or not. But, I do know that he did turn them down. I also know that the girls know the lady who lived in that house where all these problems originated from. His brother was driving past that house yesterday and saw one of the girls on the front porch of the house. But, are you sure that they need at least some kind of evidence? I mean. how can they convict him without evidence? I found out his trial is May 10. They "accidentally" served his idictment papers to another inmate and he filed a complaint about it but they said I dont know what you are talking about and the papers have "mysteriously" vanished. But, any advice will help for anything. Thanks.

Lewcifer

Helpmesoonpls said:
Well, I dont know if he is using that as his defense or not. But, I do know that he did turn them down. I also know that the girls know the lady who lived in that house where all these problems originated from. His brother was driving past that house yesterday and saw one of the girls on the front porch of the house. But, are you sure that they need at least some kind of evidence? I mean. how can they convict him without evidence? I found out his trial is May 10. They "accidentally" served his idictment papers to another inmate and he filed a complaint about it but they said I dont know what you are talking about and the papers have "mysteriously" vanished. But, any advice will help for anything. Thanks.
I suggest his attorney begin discovery. In the discovery phase, he'll learn all the evidence they have against him. If it is strictly hearsay, what will help him the most is to pin down the dates and times they claim the alleged rapes took place, and then see if he can provide proof that he was elsewhere. The fact that he may have been at work (and no vacation or sick day was recorded for him on that day), or with someone else if after work.

Also, as a precaution, don't ever leave your young kids with him.

Helpmesoonpls

Well, his attorney has tons of information and people willing to testify if it goes to trial that these girls have been sexually active for a very long time since they were 12 and that their mother bought them condoms. He has lots of things. When he got the proescutors report he found that all she has is the girl's word. Do you think the charges will be dropped/dismissed? Anything will help. And, as for the dates, one girl knows the exact date. The other has a span on about 10 months. She said it happened from August of 02 to June of 03.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">