• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rape in apt. complex, HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrjumble

In Az. I was raped on my apt. complex property, in the lease it sais something about them having security guards, come to find out, they didn't, but now they do.. Now, 2 months later, they are hasseling me, the maintenance guys are trying to get into my apt. when I am home sleeping, they said they thought i abandoned, told me if they have anymore problems with me(meaning the rape),they will get me evicted, without the standard eviction notice, can they do that?, also, do i have a case against them? HELP ME! HELP ME!

Beth3

Have you (a) contacted the police to report the rape and (b) contacted them to inform them that maintenance staff in your building are unlawfully entering your apartment? If you've been paying the rent, clearly their argument that they thought you abandoned the apartment is ridiculous. They have no right to enter your apartment without your permission unless the terms of your lease dictate otherwise. Same goes for evicting you.

M

Mike101

I have seen situations like yours. All of them resulted in lawsuits. All of the lawsuits resulted in the victim and the apt management settling. Talk to an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">