• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape of a minor>>>>

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmvkitty

Does anyone know the statute of limitations for pressing charges against a man who rapes an 11 year old girl..??? repeatedly... Man was in his 30s girl is now in her early twenties

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmvkitty:
Does anyone know the statute of limitations for pressing charges against a man who rapes an 11 year old girl..??? repeatedly... Man was in his 30s girl is now in her early twenties<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

. . . and the rape occurred in:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington D.C., Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

cmvkitty

OOPss. sorry,,,, It happened in florida....13 years ago and back...

[This message has been edited by cmvkitty (edited November 10, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cmvkitty:
OOPss. sorry,,,, It happened in florida....13 years ago and back...

[This message has been edited by cmvkitty (edited November 10, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

If I hadn't read the statute myself, I wouldn't have believed it . . . but, in Florida, an intentional tort is actionable by a minor for up to 7 years AFTER the child becomes 18 (an adult) - - in other words, you have up to the age of 25 to go after your abuser. The child's sexual past or disposition concerning sex is NOT a defense to such an action.

Go get 'em!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

C

cmvkitty

thanks

I want to thank you. This has been the only "good" news that I have gotten on these bulletin boards. I am 24 1/2 right now so I have 6 months to do something..... if anything. I am afraid I might be opening a can of worms... its been almost 14 years for one rapist and almost 16 for the other... there was one more rapist but he died in prison after being convicted of murder. There were other men that molested me but I don't remeber them. But I KNOW the names of the MEN who raped me/.... steve miller. james macfadden. both still in the vicinity.... ANYWAY.. thanks. I have been trying to find that info for months....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">