• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rape trial soon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sssynoel

What is the name of your state? va
i was raped,by my brother while he was drunk.he needs help but the state wants 25-life,i believe alchohol destroys people,i dont want him to get life,he is on the run now and i do want him punished,but the DA if firm on this,they say i have to testify no matter what,this is destroying my family,can i be forced to testify.

racer72

No, you can't be forced to testify but why do you want to be easy on scum sucking lowlifes that have no regard for the lives of others. What is it going to take to realize that you brother needs to be locked up a long time, you getting raped again? Another innocent person having there lives ruined? Really think about what your brother did and I hope you change your mind.

H

hmmbrdzz

Ditto ditto. If that sorry low life raped you, let the state prison help both him and YOU. Do not have ANY ideas that his being drunk was an excuse or that his going to prison is your fault. It's not -- by any stretch of the imagination. Rape is a horrible, violent, despicable crime, and it was committed against you.

I hope you change your mind, too. And try to consider that your change in heart and your brave testimony, regardless if you're shaking in your skin or not, will send a very strong, courageous statement and will help you as well as many others in the same boat you're in. You stand up for yourself. There are many people who will help you -- the DA will be one of them.

hmmbrdzz

S

sssynoel

rape trial

thanks for the advice,i know i have to do this.2 other women accused him of this when we were teens and his wife recently.its just going to be hard ,i'll let you know how it goes.i;m in CA now,but i guess theyll fly me back when they find him.

H

hmmbrdzz

Good luck to you, and hang in there. Do keep us posted.

hmmbrdzz

calatty

Yes you can be made to testify. There is no privilege for sisters not to testify against brothers. If you deny anything happened on the stand, they can bring up any prior statements you made to the contrary.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
"Yes you can be made to testify."

=================================

My response to CalCockroach:

Bull s h i t !

What is the court going to do to "make" her? Put her in a "rack" and stretch her?

All the court can do is find her in contempt of court and, perhaps, fine her or put her in jail for a few days, or both. Then she'll be released when it becomes futile to keep her in jail.

But, if she sticks to her convictions of refusing to testify, no one is going to stick a "cattle prod" up her ass - - much like someone has done to you on numerous occasions.

Would you please just go away?

IAAL

nailtech

Sssynoel, in my opinion, you are not obligated by blood to protect him.. He did NOT protect you. Not only does he have a drinking problem he also has issues with raping women/children…. He needs to be put out of society so he does NOT harm another person… God Bless you, you are in a horrible situation both family wise and mentally…

You didn't say how your parents are with all this or your age or his…

H

hmmbrdzz

Hi Sssynoel. Calatty is a criminal defense on these boards and does not represent victims of crimes or look out for their welfare or their interests. People like calatty help criminals continue to commit vulgar crimes against humanity world wide, and they also contribute to the pain and suffering of victims everywhere because their mission is to defend criminals and help set them free so they can commit crimes again.

Rape is a brutal crime -- one of the MOST brutal crimes there is. Your brother, if he had sex with you, has attempted to destroy you as a person, as a woman, as a sister, and as a child, and he has attempted to rip every fiber of your goodness from your existence. You should try to remember this and then focus on cooperating fully with the investigators and with the prosecuting attorney regarding your brother's crimes.

By cooperating, you are going to need to recall and reveal the details surrounding the rape(s) and expose this information to someone you don’t know and haven‘t come to trust yet. Your fears, confusion, guilt, shame, the trauma you‘ve experienced, the threats you have been placed under by your brother, the embarrassment, fear of public humilation -- all of that is understood and will be taken into consideration by the experts working on this case.

While you cannot be forced to testify, your testimony is CRUCIAL to the outcome. The investigators and the prosecutng attorney are your friends and are relying on good evidence, your statement, the statements of other victims of this crime, your testimony, and the testimony of others. Without your testimony, or if you (out of fear or in shame) change your testimony, your brother WILL walk free and will rape again.

Your brother's attorney, unlike the prosecuting attorney, is a cockroach and is hoping that you will not testify at all OR that you will change your testimony and say something in contrast to what you've already said. Just like your brother led you into believing the rape was OK, or that it didn‘t really occur, or that he doesn't deserve to be punished for what he did, his slimey attorney is going to attempt to do the same thing -- very strategically so -- by gaining your trust and then attempting to lead you into saying something you SHOULD NOT SAY. Do not trust your brother's attorney at any point in this process.

You stay strong, cooperate fully with investigators and the prosecutor, give any and all information that you know and can remember, listen to what they are telling you, and do not change your story when questioned by your brother's attorney. Be proud of yourself, regardless of the outcome, for being willing to do the hardest thing you will ever need to do in your life -- testify against a family member who raped you. You hang in there. And you testify, too. You can do it.

Here is a URL that might help you in preparing for it.

http://www.justicewomen.com/testifying_tips.html

hmmbrdzz

S

sssynoel

rape tril

i just got the dna yesterday-positive,he still maintains he dont remember-he can go to hell

S

sssynoel

rape trial

he is 30-i am 26,i moved to ca from va-to be with my parents,a lot of people believe him,but not our family,just his friends,they tore up my house and my kids pictures,so i had to leave

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
They can't force you, they can just throw you in jail? What do you think she meant by "force," jackass?

My response:

A few days of jail is "persuasion" - - it's not "force", you stupid piece of crap. Putting a gun to someone's head is "force". Pulling out fingernails is "force".

Your hit-and-run tactics are getting really tiresome. I've "put up" with you long enough, and your liberalism.

You're gone as of Monday morning.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

Re: rape tril

sssynoel said:
i just got the dna yesterday-positive,he still maintains he dont remember-he can go to hell
============================

YOU GO GIRL! Squash his a** like a roach with your testimony. You can replace those pictures, too. Take more. Stick with those who are behind you.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">