• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RAPE victim legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inneedofhelp222

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Recently I found out that my girlfriend was raped by her obsessive ex-boyfriend who has been verbally harassing her for a year since they've broken up. There was nobody around when it happened. Three weeks have passed and she hasn't taken any legal action. My girlfriend's ex did tell one of my girlfriend's friends about it, who told my girlfriend to "just forget about it" (sorry if that's a little confusing). One of my girlfriend's biggest concerns is that there is no case since it would be her word against his. She does have a phone message from him saying that 'he wishes they could put everything behind them and be friends', and with some effort her friend may be able to testify against him. My question is, how much evidence do you need to form a solid case. I'd hate to tell her to persue something legally if there is no way it could ever result in any kind of conviction. What will courts look at when deciding guilt in a situation such as this? Any advise or leads are greatly appreciated. Thanks

BelizeBreeze

Get her into rape counselling because, if she didn't call the police the moment it occurred, there is no evidence of rape.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">