• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this for real re: my son?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAMom02

What is the name of your state?
California

My son got into some trouble last winter.

In brief.. He was joy riding in a stolen car, but was the only one apprehended. The other two boys he was with got away.

He didnt steal the car he was just in it. But he was issued a citation for grand theft auto.

He had started haning with some bad kids, so when he got into trouble I sent him back to PA to his fathers. I had told the detective I was going to do this, and he said it was ok.

My son's citation ended up getting thrown out and he never had to go to court. BUT the detective informed me that he can't come back to CA for 6 years, if he did and was found out here, he would bring him in to face the charges.

MY question is.. is this so? How can he be re-charged .. if the citation was thrown out?

I miss my son and I want him to come visit his little brothers.. and i just want to know, what would happen if he came back to Ca JUST TO VISIT, not to live.

He was 17 at the time he got into trouble, but will be 18 next month.

Also I would like to know, does this mean he has a record ?
Does he have to mention this on job applications since he was a minor?
Thanks. :)

F

finally legal

as far as being told he couldn't come back to that state for 6 years i honestly dont know if thats true are not you should call an attorney and just ask if that woild be legal, if the charges were dropped there is a chance they could be refiled with in a specified time period usually a year, as for his record or a job application if he was not convicted of a crime then it should not appear on his record or matter on a job application, all the job applications i'v ever seen ask '' have you ever been convicted of a crime'' and unless he has something else on his record then he would not have been.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">