• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlperez

What is the name of your state?california

a x-friend of mine had brought me some cabinets and a counter top, she was wanting me to buy them from her, of course i was right in the middle of remodeling my home.
she and her friend drop them of one morning right in front of the house, and no sooner had she left, there were cops at my door, they ask who sold us the cabinets and counter tops and befor i could say anything they told what he name was and what they were driving i never seen the other girl, i still dont know who she is. well the police didnt give me a ticket or arrest me for receiving stolen property, they just had me load up the merchandise on to there truck and that was all. I thought a couple of days a go a police man surved me papers to appear in court. should i get a attorney?
tlperez

calatty

What kind of papers? Are you being charged with a violation of Penal Code section 496? If so, you definitely need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">