• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receiving stolen property and...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

designer102

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA.

Recently I found out that my sister and her boyfriend stole CD's, DVD's and books from me and my family. After years of stealing off us I decided to finally press charges. The police said that they can definitely get her and her boyfriend on receiving stolen property and possibly theft since no one exactly seen them steal it (unless they admit to it then of course theft!). When I talked to the owner of one of the stores they sold to, which was CD Warehouse, he told me if I go through with pressing charges then he'll be going to court for this also because he's going to want his money back.

If I'm getting them on receiving stolen property and possibly theft my question is what charges are the store going to press?

Thanks,
Liz

racer72

my question is what charges are the store going to press?
The store can't press charges (only the DA can), the store will seek civil damages from the bad people. BTW, you can't press charges either. You file a police report then the DA will decide if there is enough evidence to press charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">