• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieving Known Stolen Property over $400

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kernst88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am being charged with Felony Recieving known stolen property because my stupid boyfriend put stuff that he stole in my car without my knowledge so i'm responsible since it was in my car. I have been to court and they have 2 deals on the table for pleading guilty to a felony which includes jail time. My lawyer thinks he can get a better deal since i dont have a previous record and told me hes going to try and get misdemeanor diverson but didnt really understand what that meant. Does anyone know what that means?

justalayman

yes, it means you lawyer is still fighting for you.

since you are being charged with a felony (serious stuff), apparently due to the situation, your lawyer still believes he can get your charges dropped to a misdemeanor (less serious stuff) and the diversion part is where you promise to play nice for some period of time and do what they tell you, such as community service or maybe some sort of counseling. After the time has run and if you did good, the charges magically disappear.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am being charged with Felony Recieving known stolen property because my stupid boyfriend put stuff that he stole in my car without my knowledge so i'm responsible since it was in my car. I have been to court and they have 2 deals on the table for pleading guilty to a felony which includes jail time. My lawyer thinks he can get a better deal since i dont have a previous record and told me hes going to try and get misdemeanor diverson but didnt really understand what that meant. Does anyone know what that means?
What state are you in, and what code section have you been charged with violating?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">