• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless driving 80/55

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeanKavin

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was pulled over on the 4th of July, 2005 for reckless driving. I was going 80 in a 55 (I-264). This is my first offense of any kind ever, and I'm wondering what kind of punishment I can expect. I just want to pay whatever fines necessary and move on with my life. I've heard there'll be anywhere from 120-300 dollars in fines plus court costs. Obviously I'll need the chance to get the cash together at any rate, the court date is August 11th. Also, I expect the judge isn't going to be in the mood for my "excuse" that I'd been up for 24 hours for the Navy and was a little tired and distracted by thoughts of my girlfriend, so I expect I'll just keep my mouth shut and "yes sir, no sir" my way through it. How bad off am I?

Happy Trails

SeanKavin said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was pulled over on the 4th of July, 2005 for reckless driving. I was going 80 in a 55 (I-264). This is my first offense of any kind ever, and I'm wondering what kind of punishment I can expect. I just want to pay whatever fines necessary and move on with my life. I've heard there'll be anywhere from 120-300 dollars in fines plus court costs. Obviously I'll need the chance to get the cash together at any rate, the court date is August 11th. Also, I expect the judge isn't going to be in the mood for my "excuse" that I'd been up for 24 hours for the Navy and was a little tired and distracted by thoughts of my girlfriend, so I expect I'll just keep my mouth shut and "yes sir, no sir" my way through it. How bad off am I?
The penalty for reckless driving is up to one year in jail, and/or up to $2,500 in fines. It also carries the possibility of a suspension of driving privileges for up to 6 months.

This link has a lot of information in it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/printthread.php?t=45552&pp=50

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">