• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recorded Phone Conversation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KDHesselhaus

What is the name of your state? Colorado
I have a circumstance where I was unknowinly recorded in a deceiptful method to acquire informaiton about my daughter, who he was supposed to be married to, he was deceiptful in several ways. My concern is this: Is When my would be, but no loinger, was unknown to me, "Son-In -Law" recorded the information, I did not know he was recording, and he asked opinions about my daughter and her honesty. I explained that with her it was a perception, and she did not view things the same as others, and perhaps had a different understanding of what happened. He called it lying and tried to manipulate the conversation different ways. I found out months later he used the informaiton in a custody case with DHS personnel to defame and influence the case workers concerning a child custody case, against my daughter.
Is making that recording, that he made Illegal? Was his use illegal? If so, can I press charges against him? What are the leagal ramifications concerning the DHS worker, who listened to the tape, and is by the way, the person who told me about the tape, responsible concerning this issue, as they would have been influenced in thier decision concerning the children and thier placement?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Colorado is a one-party state. Only one side of the conversation needs to know that it is being recorded for it to be legal. What he did was not illegal. There are no charges to be pressed.

As for admissibility in your DHS proceedings, that you'll probably need a lawyer skilled in Colorado DHS actions to look in to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">